An internship project (“progetto formativo” in Italian) consists in an agreement among the Department of Computer Science of the University of Pisa, a student preparing for doing the thesis, and a company or public institution that is willing to host the student for some period and with shared objectives. Students become part of a project team in a company project focusing on topics of Business Informatics that have the potential to provide enough material for a Master thesis document. The internship can be done in Italy or abroad, in private companies or in public bodies. The student is supervised by a company tutor and by an academic tutor, who will act as the thesis supervisor as well. At the starting date of an internship the student must have completed all but one of the exams in her/his study plan.
For further details, students can contact prof. Antonio Frangioni (email@example.com).
- Rules regarding internships (in Italian)
- List of companies and public bodies with an active internship agreement
- List of currently active internship proposals (students login with their Alice credentials – report any access problems to Prof. Antonio Frangioni firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Form for the inclusion of a internship proposal in the list by companies, to be sent to Prof. Antonio Frangioni (email@example.com)
How a company/institution can activate an agreement for hosting internships
- Fill the internship agreement form, print and sign.
- Pay the 32 euro stamp duty (two 16 euro stamps) by:
- telematic stamp used only for the sent Convention (indicate the details inside the form – art. 10)
- Send the agreement and a copy of the tax payment to the Teaching Unit (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Administrative Reference will send back to the company/institution one of the copies signed by the Director of the Department of Computer Science.
Notice. The signed agreement lasts one year, and it is tacitly renewed.
How to activate an internship project (after the internship agreement has been signed)
- Fill the internship project form, print three copies and sign them (both the company/institution and the student must sign them).
- Send the three copies to the Administrative Reference at least 7/10 days before the date set for the start of the project (*)
- The Administrative Reference will send back to the company/institution one of the copies signed by the academic tutor.
- The Administrative Reference will send back to the student one of the copies signed by the academic tutor.
- If the internship is abroad of Italy: fill the learning agreement form, print three copies and send them as well.
(*) The internship cannot start earlier than the academic tutor has signed the internship agreement.
Notice. The typical duration of an internship is 4 to 6 months, depending ono the complexity of the internship project.
Unità Didattica dei Corsi di Studio in Informatica
Att.: Rosaria Mongini
Dipartimento di Informatica, Università di Pisa
Largo B. Pontecorvo 3, 56127 Pisa, ITALY
Tel. +39 050 2212727