DOUBLE DEGREE WITH UNIVERSITY OF MALAGA
Students enrolled in the Master Degree in Computer Science can apply to access the Double Master Degree Program agreed with the University of Malaga (Spain). The selected students will have the opportunity to carry out the second year of the Master’s degree in Malaga and obtain the double degree (“Master Degree in Computer Science” from the University of Pisa and “Master Universitario en Ingenieria Informática” from the University of Malaga). The thesis work will be supervised jointly by a lecturer from Pisa and one from Malaga.
The courses offered by the “Master Universitario en Ingenieria Informática” are taught in Spanish, but the slides and the teaching material are in English, and lecturers can answer to questions and can tutor in English. Furthermore, exams can be taken in English.
Students admitted to the Double Degree Program will be able to apply for a mobility contribution for the acquisition of CFU abroad which in past years amounted to 5000 Euros (the call will be published on this page; in 2020 the deadline was July 2, 2020 ).
How to apply
Students of the first year of the Master’s Degree in Computer Science who wish to access the Double Degree Program with the University of Malaga must apply to the CAI of the Computer Science Department (Prof. Andrea Corradini, email@example.com), by March 1, 2021. The application can also be submitted via email (using the institutional account “firstname.lastname@example.org”), and must include:
- Certificate of enrollment in the Master’s Degree in Computer Science, with indication of the Curriculum to which you are enrolled
- Short curriculum, indicating the level of English known
- List of exams taken in the Master Degree in Computer Science with relative mark
- List of any courses attended during the first semester but which have not been taken
- List of courses that are being attended in the second semester
- Study plan for the second year at the University of Malaga. The study plan must indicate courses chosen from those described in Annex B for a total of 36 ECTS, as well as 24 ECTS for the thesis (see also Annex C). If they are already available, also indicate the topic of the thesis and the corresponding supervisor.
Applications will be assessed by a special commission appointed by the Degree Program Council, which will select a maximum of five based on criteria of excellence of the curriculum and knowledge of English. The selected applications will be sent to the partner for further evaluation. Approval or otherwise of applications will be notified to students by May 1, 2021.
Grants for periods of study / traineeship / thesis abroad
The University of Pisa publishes various calls every year, with the aim of providing an economic contribution to students who intend to spend a period of time abroad to follow courses, carry out an internship or work on their thesis. Each call establishes the type of scholarships offered, the requirements for applying and the deadline for submitting them. In general it is possible to apply for more than one call but the contributions cannot be combined for the same mobility period. For further information, please consult the following pages:
- Erasmus+ call:
- Call for the assignment of mobility grants for the acquisition of CFU abroad
- Students admitted to the Double Master Degree Program with the University of Malaga can apply for a contribution of 5000 euros. The deadline for the 2019 edition of the call was 28 June 2019.
- Call for Theses Abroad